mardi, février 19, 2008

Chain, a film by Jem Cohen

A movie which is unique by its shape, its story and its atmosphere....

One night, during my vacation time, I couldn't sleep because of the heat at night. I decided to watch TV, in hope I'll find sleep watching boring TV programs...
But I fell on a strange movie.
2 Women describe their daily life and their thoughts all along the film. One is a top Japanese company executive and the other is a lost young American-born woman .
We follow them during their daily life, visiting lots of urban areas such as malls, hotels, motels, parkings, theme parks...
Most of people would thin this film is a piece of shit, but not me.
The places in the film were very interesting and it was just if I was the character. I love this film coz' it brings an "exotic" side of the american urban architecture. Visiting common malls, 4-stars hotels or dirty little suburban motels was interesting for me, young European boy who always dream about US and the landscapes of postal cards...

Maybe it's because of the late hour of the night, but my attention was driven by this movie and I think I'll never forget the experience I lived during this night, watching TV...

Aucun commentaire: